VMware Cloud Community
bobbie82
Contributor
Contributor

converter standalone agent installer/uninstaller failed on...

hello,

i am trying to convert a physical machine(win2000) to a virtual image. currently running VMware-converter-4.0.1 on a Ubuntu machine. i enter all

the correct information on the MachineType source screen (within Converter),

click next and the VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Agent deployment

window pops up. I clicked "Automatically uninstall" and then clicked YES. "the error message is: converter standalone agent installer/uninstaller failed on ..."

The Log of the Server: attached to the thread.

any suggestion how i could solve my problem? thank you in advance!

bobbie82

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shirishh2712
Contributor
Contributor

bobby can you tell me what are you trying to uninstall automatically? in the process of converting a physical m/c t virtual?

Shirishh2712 VCP4.0 VTSP4.0 VSP4.0
0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

use converter 3.0.3

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
peevs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

With converter 4.0.1, you can try to manually install the agent on the source machine. The agent installer is located in the converter installation folder - search for "VMware-Converter-Agent". Copy the package to the source machine and run it. If installation of the agent fails again, provide the install logs located in c:\Windows\Temp.

If installation is successful, start converter and try to P2V the machine again, this time you should be able to complete the convertion wizard without, agent installation promtps.

0 Kudos
susanto
Contributor
Contributor

Just as reference, I success convert windows 2000 server with vCenter Converter 4.1.1

to minimize problem change ip destination same network with vCenter Converter

good luck

susanto

0 Kudos