2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2010 11:37 PM by StuPittwood

Updating vCentre 4.0 to 4.1 Database Upgrade Error

StuPittwood Novice

Hi all,

I'm attempting to upgrade my vCentre server from 4.0 to 4.1.  I'm migrating from a 32bit server to 64bit with a non-local database (SQL 2005 SP3).

Running through the datamigration tool, I get to the point where the vCentre install has kicked off & is trying to upgrade the database.  The Process errors with 'SQL Exception thrown while running script"

In the VCDatabaseUpgrade.log I get the following lines

Error: Failed to execute command: create unique clustered index VPXI_DEVICE_COUNTER_INDEX on dbo.VPXV_DEVICE_COUNTER(entity_id, device_name, stat_id)

Got exception: ERROR [SQL Native Client][SQL Server]CREATE INDEX failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ARITHABORT'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or query notifications and/or xml data type methods.

Error while upgrading: ERROR [SQL Native Client][SQL Server]CREATE INDEX failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ARITHABORT'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or query notifications and/or xml data type methods.

Info: Exiting Upgrade Wizard

This leaves me with an unusable database & needing to go back to the backup.

Has anyone seen this? or know how to resolve it?

Regards

Stu