VMware Horizon Community
Lyghtnin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vmware View Agent Uninstall Script?

Looking for a way to uninstall the vmware view agent and vmware tools using a scripted method for several hundred VMs.

Based on this being the best way to eliminate any issues down the road -

I've only been able to find the standard 'install and silent upgrade' commands and not one for the actual uninstall of the two items.

A .bat or .ps1 would be great.

Thanks!

Steven

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisKubiak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Drop these into a bat file

MsiExec.exe /X{E1BF8D0F-3C8E-43F8-93E7-9E779B2F25AB} /quiet

MsiExec.exe /X{FE2F6A2C-196E-4210-9C04-2B1BC21F07EF} /quiet

Verify those values by viewing HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\(Search for VMWare). You should fine one entry for View Agent and one for VMWare Tools by looking at the DisplayName value, then you can confirm the removal string by looking at UninstallString for each.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisKubiak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Drop these into a bat file

MsiExec.exe /X{E1BF8D0F-3C8E-43F8-93E7-9E779B2F25AB} /quiet

MsiExec.exe /X{FE2F6A2C-196E-4210-9C04-2B1BC21F07EF} /quiet

Verify those values by viewing HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\(Search for VMWare). You should fine one entry for View Agent and one for VMWare Tools by looking at the DisplayName value, then you can confirm the removal string by looking at UninstallString for each.

0 Kudos
Lyghtnin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Chris,

Thanks for the quick response. I haven't tested it yet but based on the registry uninstall string its exactly what I'm looking for so I'm sure it will work. Appreciate the help!

Steven

0 Kudos