VMware Cloud Community
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can' install vCentre Server on Win 7 64bit

Installed Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) for Windows7, then started to install vCerter Service on Win7 bit 64. Got two error massages in process.

First error:

9912_9912.jpg

But, the file jointool-0.log was not able to find on my camputer.

Click yes. got second erroe:

9913_9913.jpg

From the status.txt, got:

Failed to initialize LDAP instance manager:

Action: Local ldap environment verification

Problem: LDAP tools not found in "C:\Windows\ADAM"

-

Initialization error.

How can I fix it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think you need to get a compatible Host OS, mount the media and install, nothing special. Don't try to over think the install, it's pretty much a next, next finish install

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Why did you install Lightweight AD on Windows 7?

vCente has it's own ADAM install that will conflict with any other variation of AD on the guest OS.

-MattG

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"Why did you install Lightweight AD on Windows 7?"

Because I check there before, some people was not able to install vCentre Server on Win7 64, then , men suggested to install it on Win7. So, I followed them.

0 Kudos
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"not a compatible Host OS for vCenter4

Yes, you are right."

But, why some people could do it if there was a compatible proble?

I just checked some pages here to know LDAP needed to be installed before installed vCerter Server.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think you need to get a compatible Host OS, mount the media and install, nothing special. Don't try to over think the install, it's pretty much a next, next finish install

0 Kudos
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!

George

0 Kudos
BFD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You can install vCenter 4.0 on Win7 64bit as long as you install Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) for Windows7 first.

Get that here...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a45059af-47a8-4c96-afe3-9...

0 Kudos