4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2010 1:31 PM by RParker

What are the benifits of being a VCP?

Serya Lurker

I am a newly qualified VCP and was just wondering the benifts?

• 1. Re: What are the benifits of being a VCP?
          a2alpha Expert

Hi Serya, welcome to the forums.

Being a VCP, recognition of a certain standard and knowledge of VMware Virtualisation, access to the VCP site, a VMware Workstation license, the ability to continue qualifications through to design expert. It also looks good on a CV if you are going for a virtualisation job.

Hope this helps,

Dan

• 2. Re: What are the benifits of being a VCP?
            weinstein5 Guru

Welcome to the Forums - and to emphasize what Dan said it looks REALLY GOOD on your CV/resume along with what ever other experienc eyou have in this and in this job market that is key

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

• 3. Re: What are the benifits of being a VCP?
              AndreTheGiant Guru
              vExpert

I just add that it could also useful for the company where you work.

To reach the status of VMware Enterprise Partner at least 2 VCPs are required (there are also other requirements, but are more simple to reach).

Andre

• 4. Re: What are the benifits of being a VCP?
                RParker Guru

I am a newly qualified VCP and was just wondering the benifts?

besides bragging rights and the ability to qualify a question about virtualization with a dignified answer.. nothing.

Will it get you more money?  Probably not.  Will it get you more respect, doubtful.

It's just pride, you accomplished something, you learned VM Ware.. except NOW more people will EXPECT you to have better answers, so VCP is one thing, KNOWING your stuff is another.

Walk the walk.. don't just talk.