VMware Cloud Community
Stuarty1874
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Machines losing IP Configuration

Guys, we have an issue where some of our virtual machines lose their IP configuration after a reboot.

It seems like the virtual machine adds a new NIC. The virtual machines are Windows 2003

Is there a fix for this? I've seen it many times before and not just on ESX 3.5 U5 (which is the version we are currently running).

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

u can try remove and add new virtual adapter, maybe can back with same ip.

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
Stuarty1874
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking something a little bit more preventative.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

i can try add a virtual adpater without remove first adpater.

the ip configured at this adpater that you lose configuration respond a ping ?

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
Stuarty1874
Contributor
Contributor

No. The virtual machine drops off the network.

It cannot be contacted again until lwe reconfigure the "new" NIC.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

at worst you'll have to
put a new adapter and configure the same ip.

it´s possible?

0 Kudos