VMware Cloud Community
Mattmnx
Contributor
Contributor

Storage Path Alarm?

A vSphere server was booted with a thumb drive plugged in. This morning an admin removed the thumb drive thinking the ESX had not mounted the device but I'm not seeing email alerts from the device via vCenter:

Stateless event alarm

Alarm Definition:

( OR OR )

Event details:

Lost connectivity to storage device mpx.vmhba32:C0:T0:L0. Path vmhba32:C0:T0:L0 is down. Affected datastores: Unknown.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop this. Here is the path info:

]# esxcfg-mpath -L

vmhba34:C0:T2:L0 state:dead (no device) vmhba34 0 2 0 MASK_PATH dead san iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:ifshesx12-4fd69a55

vmhba32:C0:T0:L0 state:dead (no device) vmhba32 0 0 0 NMP dead local usb.vmhba32 usb.0:0

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to appease this ESX server? The device doesn't show up via a df/vdf so there doesn't really appear to be anything to unmount.

Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShaneWendel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried going to the hardware page and updating the sensors?

-

Shane Wendel

VCP: vSphere 4

VCP: VI3

----------------- Shane Wendel VCP: vSphere 4 VCP: VI3 http://fatalsync.wordpress.com
0 Kudos
Karunakar
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Not sure if this issue is resolved at your end. I encountered the same in my infra.

VMHBA32 adapter was showing a path dead, and vCenter is sending alarm for the same.

I tried to rescan on the vmhba32 adapter (Vcenter > Host > Configuration > Storage adapters > vmhba32 ) right click on it and say rescan.

It removed the entry as it was a stale entry.

This resolved the issue.

-KK

0 Kudos