VMware Horizon Community
DaIceMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View manager brokering towards Physical Windows 7 x64 Workstation with Teradici hardware host fails

We're testing a Teradici zeroclient and host hardware with VMView with mixed mode connections (hard to soft, hard to hard, soft to hard). All is well connecting through View manager from the Zero client to the virtual XP machines and performance is great. However trying to connect from the zero client (or soft client) to the hardware host on a physical Windows 7 workstation through view manager fails. The last installable x64 view agent is installed of course and the host driver of the Teradici card is also installed and functioning. However when attempting to connect to the manual pool of the standalone workstation the View client reports "This desktop does not support the requested display protocol" as if it fails to identify the Teradici Hardware. From my understanding the agent should detect the IP of the installed teradici host and relay it to the connection broker for connection. The latest firmware has been installed on the host card which supports (experimentally) this feature. The latest View agent build (4.0.1.233023) will not install on Windows 7 64bit OS, but we luckily still have build 4.0.0.210939 which works without USB redirection.

My question is, does the latest version of the view agent have to be installed for this Soft/hard client to Hardware host connection to work thus imposing the use of a 32bit OS or is there something else we've missed?

Thanks for any insight.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DaIceMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For those interested, I can confirm that for the time being this solution will not work as the VIEW Agent does not support 64 bit OSs and the latest build is required for this to work (brokering towards hardware Teradici host from soft or hard client). It works fine on a 32bit workstation with the latest agent and Teradici host driver installed.

I sincerely hope that VMware will release an updated agent with full 64bit OS support as all workstations now have 64bit OSs installed.

0 Kudos