VMware Horizon Community
jeffster68
Contributor
Contributor

View 4 agent disconnecting on it's own

We are running View agent 4.0.2 on HP t5545 thin clients. We have rolled it out to a test group of 7 people, running 2 different Windows XP VM's both using PCoIP. Pretty much every day between 4:30 and 5:30 they disconnect on thier own and give this error.

"The Secure Connection to the View Server has unexpectedly disconnected.

Reason:Session timed out"

And they cannot reconnect to the session for about 5 minutes.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pauljawood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm looking into this for you at the moment but have not seen this since View 3.1 and it was resolved in 3.1.1. Please can you have a look at the KB linked and see if you are getting the same kind of RDP errors. (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1012388).

Please reply with the errors you are getting and I will see if I can get you anymore information.

-

If you found this helpful then please leave some points.

If you found this helpful then please leave some points.
0 Kudos
danimr
Contributor
Contributor

We're having exactly the same problem and, surprisingly, at exactly the same time. All the clients get disconected around 5PM (GMT+1). The only way to reconnect them is to reboot the thin client.

We are using Wyse thin clients and we're stil in investigating the problem.

I haven't more clues to share yet Smiley Sad

dani

0 Kudos
danimr
Contributor
Contributor

In the event viewer we found that the sessions are always disconnected after 600 minutes. That's why all the sessions are disconnected arround 5PM with a message similar to this:

"User HELIOS\B04MEC05 disconnected from machine MecB04XPN_5 for
desktop mecxp_normal - session allocated at 19 de febrero de 2010
7:08:05 CET, connected for 600 mins 36 secs"

Now we just need to figure out where in the View configuration is this timeout defined Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You can adjust the session timeout value under the Configuration tab and global settings.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
danimr
Contributor
Contributor

thank you Mittim12!!

changing the setting did the trick

thanks!

0 Kudos