VMware Communities
Heartnet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion 3.0.1 update error (the connection to the update server was interrupted)

Hi,

I tried to update my vmware fusion several times but I keep getting this error. I am pretty sure its not because of my connection because I was running OSX update at the same time and I was able to update my osx without any problem. Did vmware actually stopped the update for 3.0.1 because they are lots of bugs or there is something else happening to me laptop. Btw, I am using a 2.8 Ghz MBP.

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Instead of updating through the Fusion program, try downloading the .dmg installer package and upgrade that way. Go to http://www.vmware.com/download/fusion scroll to the bottom and get Details then download either the Full version (415MB) or the Light version (170 MB, minus AV and some tools). The light version can download additional items later if necessary (hopefully).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Instead of updating through the Fusion program, try downloading the .dmg installer package and upgrade that way. Go to http://www.vmware.com/download/fusion scroll to the bottom and get Details then download either the Full version (415MB) or the Light version (170 MB, minus AV and some tools). The light version can download additional items later if necessary (hopefully).

0 Kudos
Heartnet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Alright, thanks for the info but before I download the new version, I just wan to know if the new version is already stable because I read thru the forum and found out the new version is actually not as smooth right? Please understand that I just wan to play safe because I need the windows partition for my uni work badly... Would you recommend me not to download 1st ?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Every release of Fusion, and Parallels for that matter, has had its issues however you may not be affected by some issues that affect others so I wouldn't hesitate to download and install the latest GA release and you can away uninstall and then reinstall a previous version easily enough if you have to and it only takes a few minutes to do it.

0 Kudos
dp_fusion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you posting these inane cheer leader posts to run your posts count above etungs? You seem pointlessly chatty for someone who doesn't like the product.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

dip_fusion what is your problem?! The OP has a concern and I answered it and if you have a problem with that then it's your problem! While I may no longer use Fusion as my primary virtualization product on the Mac at this point in time I still use it to provide support for my clients and still use VMware Workstation and other VMware products so whether I like Fusion or not is irrelevant and I can and will respond to any posts that I choose to and frankly considering how much more I've given to this community then you probably ever will you have some nerve attacking me for trying to help someone.

0 Kudos