VMware Communities
j_mosk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any way to "magnify" a guest to just appear.. bigger?

My monitor is 2048x1152 (zowie!)

But my guests are all 1024x768 and must stay that way so I can take screenshots, etc.

But I'm losing my mind with how SMALL the internal guest size looks.

Does anyone have any creative solutions to just "zoom in" on a guest to make it bigger?

I have two monitors.. So .. I'd like to "zoom in" on the LEFT monitor (the one with VMware Workstation) and write with WORD on the RIGHT monitor.

Here's what I've tried, and failed at:

() Microsoft Windows 7's built-in "accessability magnifier." Can't get it to just ZOOM IN a particular window.

() Microsoft's free "Zoomit" presentation utility. Again, can't get it FIXED upon a particular window

() 3rd party free tool called Desktop Zoom... The guest mouse is wonky, and, the upscale ratio is blurry

Stats:

HOST: Windows 7 Ultimate

Guest: Various. Mostly Windows 7 and WS08.

VMW: 7.0 on Windows

Thanks team!

PS: "Fit guest now" and "Fit Window now" don't do it.. it doesn't acutally make the stuff inside the guest appear BIGGER to my eyes.. it just snaps the guest's inside res. to the window.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There's currently no way to zoom in on the guest when the Workstation UI is windowed, but if you use full-screen mode, you can configure it to stretch the guest to fill your monitor instead of changing the guest resolution (Edit > Preferences > Display > Full screen > Stretch guest).

Scissor's suggestion is good too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scissor
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Maybe change the resolution on your left monitor to 1024x768?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There's currently no way to zoom in on the guest when the Workstation UI is windowed, but if you use full-screen mode, you can configure it to stretch the guest to fill your monitor instead of changing the guest resolution (Edit > Preferences > Display > Full screen > Stretch guest).

Scissor's suggestion is good too.

0 Kudos
j_mosk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hmm.. Well, that "worked." But the zoomed in screen is kinda "janky" depending on my guest.

Well, it's better than nothing. Thanks for the tip.

Does anyone know of a program that will specificall zoom in on ONE WINDOW (the vmware app) and just.. make that bugger bigger?

0 Kudos