VMware Communities
DaveP
Commander
Commander

Logitech Keyboard and Mac OS X guest

I am running Snow Leopard server as a guest in Fusion 3. The host (10.6.1) uses a Logitech S530 Mac keyboard (UK layout), and there is one particular issue when using it in the guest. The keyboard has a key between the left shift and Z keys which is the ` and ~ key. I can load the correct keyboard map into the guest to get the other keys remapped to a Logitech British layout, but there is no physical key press coming through from this particular key. Is there some means of telling Fusion about such keys such that they are passed through? (I am trying not to have to disable the USB keyboard and use a PS2 keyboard extension and keep the guest as clean as possible.)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DaveP
Commander
Commander

And now I have updated to 10.6.2 no keyboard working at all. Anyone else having a problem with a non-Apple keyboard?

Update: Restarting Fusion seemed to solve the problem of no keyboard but still need to fix the keyboard problem.

0 Kudos
DaveP
Commander
Commander

Not a deliberate bump but noticed the issue happens with anything that is not an Apple standard keyboard. How are VMware emulating a USB keyboard in Fusion? I could remove the VUSB entries and switch to using PS2 emulation, but means installing 3rd party Apple PS2 drivers which I was trying to avoid.

0 Kudos