0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 10:18 AM by nickcasa

w2k3 crashing esxi when moved to another host....

nickcasa Novice
    vExpert

Relatively new to this stuff and the forums are great.  here's my problem, i have esxi (4) running on a dell desktop with 8gb of memory with 4 w2k3 vm's running awesome for weeks, some were p2v'd, others created from scratch, the particular vm i am having trouble with was built virtually on this box...

i installed esxi4 dell iso on a dell poweredge 1800, no problems on the install, all agents working correctly, when i use either fastscp or converter to 1 w2k3 vm to the poweredge esxi host and start it, you see the windows logo for about 20 seconds and then it freezes and freezes up esxi host as well....

all my other vm's run just fine on dell dekstop which is running just plain old esxi host without the dell agents....

so my question is should i reinstall plain old esxi host on the poweredge 1800 without the dell agents or is there a problem moving vm's from one host to another host where the esxi build is a little different as in my case with one host using plain esxi host and one host using esxi with dell agents.