VMware Cloud Community
chukarma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AIX as a vm??

I don't think this is feasible but is there any doc from vmware that officially say this? Thanks all.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We rarely publish information on what's explicitly not supported, we only publish lists of operating systems that we explicitly support.

In the case of AIX, there is no x86 (IA32 nor x64) port as noted by the previous commenter, so I can say that it definitely won't work, but I doubt you'll be able to find anything more official than that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dominic7
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Only if you can get AIX to run on IA32 or IA64, VMware does virtualization, not emulation which is a big difference.

chukarma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I can only find this doc from vm. It doesn't have aix but ibm 0S/2. Does anyone knows of any other white papers that states no AIX is supported?

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/GuestOS_guide.pdf

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We rarely publish information on what's explicitly not supported, we only publish lists of operating systems that we explicitly support.

In the case of AIX, there is no x86 (IA32 nor x64) port as noted by the previous commenter, so I can say that it definitely won't work, but I doubt you'll be able to find anything more official than that.

0 Kudos