VMware Cloud Community
alainrussell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Install and add license later ?

I've got all my hardware from Dell for my first Virtual setup. Only problem is the licenses have not arrived for VMWare. Am I safe to just download the "trial" versions from the website and add the licenses later - hoping to not have do redo setups in this case.

We're getting the Essentials Plus license initially. Is ESXi the same for this version as full VMware ?

Thanks

Alain

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yep you're fine to sort your licensing out later - the eval mode will last for 60 days with full functionality - in other words you'll have the functionality to use anything. Just be aware of this as the Essentials Plus is a lot more limited as compared to some of the other licensing models. Once you apply your license you will be restricted to the features you're licensed for obviously.

ESXi and ESX have the same functionality if licensed the same. Their differences are in the architecture.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yep you're fine to sort your licensing out later - the eval mode will last for 60 days with full functionality - in other words you'll have the functionality to use anything. Just be aware of this as the Essentials Plus is a lot more limited as compared to some of the other licensing models. Once you apply your license you will be restricted to the features you're licensed for obviously.

ESXi and ESX have the same functionality if licensed the same. Their differences are in the architecture.

0 Kudos
alainrussell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Great, thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos