4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 11:05 AM by JFitchVMA

Tuscaloosa Any One?

chriskoskodan Lurker

Just courious if there is any one that is a member of the Birmingham user group that is located in Tuscaloosa.

• 1. Re: Tuscaloosa Any One?
          chriskoskodan Lurker

I am trying to start a users group in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama area. Any one interested please let me know.

• 2. Re: Tuscaloosa Any One?
            michaelramm Lurker

I would be interested. I am new to VMware. I work for the City of Northport and am looking to start virtualizing most (if not all) of my servers.

Michael Ramm

• 3. Re: Tuscaloosa Any One?
              chriskoskodan Lurker

Michael,

So glad that you replied to my post. I am trying to start a  formal VMware users group for Tuscaloosa but I am not getting much or any support from VMware. How ever that does not mean that we can no have our own unsponsored group. I have a group on facebook called VMware Users Group Tuscaloosa, Al. If you are own facebook please join us. So far we have about 5 IT Professionals from the area that are members. Please feel free to contact me directly my email address is listed below and I would be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Koskodan

Network Administrator

Alabama One Credit Union

chriskoskodan@alabamaone.org

• 4. Re: Tuscaloosa Any One?
                JFitchVMA Enthusiast

That's not that surprising really. They keep a tight control on where the groups are allowed to be held at. They try to keep them central to areas. For example, Huntsville is expected to come to Birmingham for VMUG's.. so I'm not surprised about Tuscaloosa.

Jonathon Fitch

Birmingham AL Area VMUG Leader