VMware Communities
xanrov
Contributor
Contributor

Problems when reinstalling Fusion 2.0.5 on Snow Leopard. Help please !

I recently installed Snow Leopard (over Leopard) without problems , except a recurrent warning that /System/Library/CDSDaudioCaptureSupport.kext was "improperly installed" and please ask the vendor for an update. I phoned to Apple Support which did'nt apparently know the origin of this kext ( the guy suspected Roxio ).As the system and all my apps ( including VMWare) seemd to work OK, I didn't bothered.

Browsing the discussions here about Fusion and Snow Leopard, I figured there was a kind of consensus that uninstalling Fusion from SL and reinstalling it improved many things and might correct possible conflicts. So I did that . Uninstallation ( with VMW uninstallator ) and Installation succeeded of course. But I was very surprised to get 2 indentical warnings, one concerning my old acquanitance CDSDAudioCaptureSupport. kext and the second IomegaSAM.kext ( in the same place). These warnings were exactly presented like those I had installing SL, so I think they arise from Snow Leopard.

Fusion works with my 2 VM's Win98 and XP Professional but with the same warning "serial10 failed after 25 attempts to connect with the Virtual Printer daemon" Inspecting the settings, I can see that the printers are disabled. In spite of all that, XP still makes its little starting and closing music and prints OK with the 2 printers it is connected with !

I don't know what to do. Can VMWare send me a new version of the kexts that SL will accept and how to get rid of this error of "serial 10 " (?)

Thanks in advance for help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Can VMWare send me a new version of the kexts that SL will accept

If you're referring to CDSDaudioCaptureSupport.kext and IomegaSAM.kext I'd have to no since 1., They are not a part of Fusion. and 2., I doubt that Fusion has anything to do with them being flagged. Contact the manufactures of the kernel extensions in question.

0 Kudos
xanrov
Contributor
Contributor

If VWWare is not the author of these kexts I'd wish to know the culprit(s). I have tried already many candidates with Clean.app wihout success.

At least I'd like to know how to cope with "serial 10 failed to connect with Virtual Printer daemon . . ." . I didn't have this warning from VMware before.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

If VWWare is not the author of these kexts I'd wish to know the culprit(s). I have tried already many candidates with Clean.app wihout success.

A quick searc on the Internet suggest that "CDSDaudioCaptureSupport.kext" belongs to Spin Doctor from Roxio, (probably Toast), and "IomegaSAM.kext" belongs to Iomega.

At least I'd like to know how to cope with "serial 10 failed to connect with Virtual Printer daemon . . ." . I didn't have this warning from VMware before.

Fusion 2.0.5 is only experimental under Snow Leopard so there will be some issues and maybe the best way to provide comprehensive diagnostic information would be to use the Collect Support Information command on the VMware Fusion Help menu and then attach the .tgz file it creates on the Desktop and then maybe someone will look at it.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling VMware Tools in the Virtual Machine or VMware Fusion itself? Note that uninstalling/reinstalling VMware Fusion does not delete your Virtual Machines.

0 Kudos