VMware Communities
ALStewart
Contributor
Contributor

Error when attempting to load and use Real Time Landscaping Pro 5

I am new to VMware and have recently purchased Fusion so that I may use Access and other programs which work successfully with and on my MacBook Pro. However, I purchased REal Time Landscaping Pro 5 from IdeaSpectrum which indicated that their software has successfully worked with Windows emulators, but after loading I continue to receive the following error: Shader data\shader\modelenv.fx. does not contain any valid techniques for the current hardware. Since my hardware requirements meet all of the minimum software requirements, I am wondering if there is a setting or something more I should be looking towards in Fusion. Any ideas would be appreciated and helpful. I have posed the same question to IdeaSpectrum and await a response.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Ken_Cline
Champion
Champion

Moved to the VMware Fusion forum.

Ken Cline

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blogging at: http://KensVirtualReality.wordpress.com/

Ken Cline VMware vExpert 2009 VMware Communities User Moderator Blogging at: http://KensVirtualReality.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please see and fill out the relevant details.

0 Kudos
ALStewart
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for enlightening me on the proper way to post which I thought I had followed but apparently not. Instead of anyone being inclined to help with the issue everyone seems more concerned on my message being correctly placed. The error information I posted is what I knew and was given. Had someone politely spoken to me about what else was needed I would have attempted to provide it for clarification but the "how to ask" does not do s novice much good!!

Nevermind about trying to help now ..... I purchased Parallel and my issue was solved so apparently it was just something more Fusion could not do.

Thanks again to everyone for your not so kind assistance.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

You obviously posted in the wrong forum and that is why your post was moved and more so that it get attention from the right sources so frankly it a good thing it got moved. Also while Eric's post was brief and pointing to I would have posted the same because you neglected to say what version of Fusion you're using, what version of the Host OS and what version of the Guest OS and at a minimum even as a novice should have enough common sense to include that information as it can make it easier to diagnose the issue.

FWIW I took the time to go to Idea Spectrum's web site and look at the system requirements for Real Time Landscaping Pro 5 and to see if they had a demo to download and test and they didn't so I didn't post because Eric had posted for more information and was waiting for that to go any farther however since you solved your issue with Parallels then fine. Just keep in mind the next time you need support from whoever for whatever that just the error message is not necessarily enough information and in spite of what you think both Ken and Eric were trying to help although I doubt you will ever see it that way.

0 Kudos
ALStewart
Contributor
Contributor

You are correct in what a novice should have known or not but what I expected was assistance not rudeness and condenation. Apparently this is a forum for the all knowing and I will not seek further information here. In reply to FWIW my system past the test an met ALL minimum system requirements. I may not be rich in knowing how to resolve computer issues but I could afford the highest most expensive Mac system! You're opinions are misplaced as are you misinformed commentary.

0 Kudos
lyneius999
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm having the same problem in the following environment:

MacBookPro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

OSX 10.4.11

VMWare Fusion Version 2.0.5 (173382)

Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

I called IDEA Spectrum and they indicated that you have identified the problem (modelenv.fx error) but not yet released a fix.

When will the fix be released and will it retro to Fusion 2.0.5?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
lyneius999
Contributor
Contributor

Additional information just recieved from Idea Spectrum that may help.

VMWare Information for error message:

1 0 : 3 1 : 3 7 S h a d e r d a t a \ s h a d e r \ m o

d e l e n v . f x d o e s n o t c o n t a i n a n y v a l i d t

e c h n i q u e s f o r t h e c u r r e n t h a r d w a r e .

The answer from a VMWare technical engineer was:

Our GPU driver was not exporting the texture operation

BLENDCURRENTALPHA. This turned out to be a simple bug in the driver.

Realtime Landscaping Architect 2 now runs on our GPU

drivers.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

When will the fix be released and will it retro to Fusion 2.0.5?

I doubt there will be any more releases of Fusion 2.x since ver 3 has been around for almost a year now and version 4 is probably around the corner.

Have you tried with the latest 3.x? You can get a free 30 day trial license and test it out.

0 Kudos
lyneius999
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have upgraded to the following environment and still have the problem:

MacBookPro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

new=>OSX 10.5.8

new=>VMWare Fusion Version 3.1.1 (282344)

Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 (32 bit)

I loaded the Win XP virtual machine unchanged from VMWare Fusion Version 2.0.5 (173382) - is there something I need to do to make sure that I'm using the GPU drivers that came with v3.1.1? Delete & reinstall Realtime LandscapingPro 5? Do something with VMware tools?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Usually VMware Tools will automatically upgrade however if it didn't or for whatever reason one needs, then one can certainly uninstall/reinstall VMware Tools as needed/wanted. I would uninstall via Windows Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and then reinstall via VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Virtual Machine > Install VMware Tools

0 Kudos
lyneius999
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, still no luck Smiley Sad

1) I removed VMware Tools via windows control panel and reinstalled it via VMware Fusion - launched the application and it failed with the same message:

=>"Shader data\shader\modelenv.fx does not contain any valid techniques for the current hardware."

2) Uninstalled/reinstalled the Realtime Landscaping Pro 5 application - launched the application and it failed with the same message

I will upgrade Win XP to service pack 3 and try again.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
lyneius999
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again, Win XP SP 3 installed and still no luck! Smiley Sad

What additional information can I provide to help solve this? What is the next step?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I don't think there's anything more to be done at this time - we've fixed the problem internally, there's no workaround I know of you can use, so the only thing to do is wait for a release with the fix. VMware policy is to not comment on unannounced products/timelines/features, so I can't say any more.

0 Kudos