VMware Cloud Community
DwayneL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Why Do you "Hate" VSphere?

Please read this blog post and add your own reasons to this post,

http://www.itbloodpressure.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51:10-reasons-to-hate-vs...

-Dwayne Lessner

-Dwayne Lessner
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AntonVZhbankov
Immortal
Immortal

The only side of vSphere I don't like - memory requirements. ESX requires 2GB at least, vCenter 1.5GB at least, so when I start both in VMs on my home PC with 4GB RAM it works not really fast, Windows swaps all the time.

---

VMware vExpert '2009

http://blog.vadmin.ru

EMCCAe, HPE ASE, MCITP: SA+VA, VCP 3/4/5, VMware vExpert XO (14 stars)
VMUG Russia Leader
http://t.me/beerpanda
0 Kudos
DwayneL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was looking at more a satirical point of view but maybe VMware will get you a soultion out of it

-Dwayne Lessner

-Dwayne Lessner
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Licensing changes is the problem to everyone and it forces you to move towards Enterprise Plus if you look at the features and most likely people would have to go this route, since they announce discontinue with the Enterprise support. For the vSphere 4.0 home lab memory limitation, you can hack the /etc/vmware/init/init.d/00.vmnix to change the "RequireMemory" to 768MB and it should run fine and you can run vCenter 4.0 with 1GB fine too and it can disable unwanted services especially those web services.

But you pay what you get though, no other hypervisors on the planet would provide what vSphere 4.0 has in place and its pretty slick if you test it closely. But no matter how great your product is, you have to be competitive with pricing and if not careful, watch out for MS and Citrix.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

OK, this sounds like you are trying to incite people to start a war with hyper visors.

You won't get that in this forum. We know vSphere is the best product you will find. Is it perfect? NO. But his post is more of a joke, it's not a 'hate'.

I can't get a new fiber channel SAN because of the ISCSI improvements with Vsphere

I mean c'mon, that's more of a reason to keep iSCSI.

I receive annoying phone calls from companies trying sell products that are know apart of Vsphere (data recovery).

And proof read (or learn grammar). that are know (now) a part of vSphere. If you write an article, at least learn the language. You have time to write it, so write it properly.

I think this is your post and you are trying to garner support for your website....

I hate vSphere because it's making Microsoft more competitive.. So they THINK they can still make a good product. Microsoft has to keep up

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Richard is right, anyone sleep in this VMTN forum will not "hate" vSphere but may suggest features or comments. Everyone knows that vSphere is the most scalable, reliable and performance hypervisors out there and if you've spent time testings vSphere, Hyper V R2 and Xen Enterprise you would know the results without questions. There are tons of blogs against VMware that we do not have to time to contribute since its all marketing scam!!!! I suggest as an IT consultants, take your knowledge and deliver to a client more effectively and take pride of your products and services. Do not recommend "unproven" solutions to a customer just to win the bid that's horribly unethical and that seems to happen a lot for those Sales folks.

The only way to prove VMware is on top is the number of enterprise businesses adapted to the solutions (vSphere, SRM, Lab Manager, View, ThinApp) and you know almost all Fortune 100/500 are up with VMware! I love competition and respected innovations, but I only work for those solutions that are proven and served my clients need. Again, I'm not just consulting VMware but also consulting Microsoft and Citrix but I've chose what to consult. I consult all lines of MS products but Hyper-V and MDOP because I know its not ready for primetime but doesn't mean I don't move forward in the future as it grow reputations. I've also consult and implemented Citrix XenApp because I know they works great and solid and might introduce Xen Server if needed but comparision wise, VMware still the king of the hill. "BE TRUE TO YOURSELF".

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
aamodei01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Web client - any version, PERIOD.

I could mention half a dozen other products too, but today my administrative headache is just the web client, tomorrow it will be vRA, then probably some other piece of junk code I have to troubleshoot for you guys.

Hey VMWware Mgmt - stop saying you are "listening" to you customers and actually try doing it for a change. Oh.. and try TESTING the software before you release it.

Also, you should probably go ahead and fire most of your engineers and try going back to the drawing board for your newer software. It needs a serious revamp.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
randomtask
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly this.  The web client is utter garbage and makes managing a vmware environment painful.

0 Kudos