VMware Cloud Community
vm-au-user
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 3.5 - What 'update' am I using.

Is there an easy away to determine if i'm using update2 or update4?

i've applied the lastest patches using update manager, does this mean i'm using Update4?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Morning,

Using the VI client, click on the ESX server. On the right-hand pane you will have a number, i.e. 3.5.0, 123630 - this gives you the build version. In the case I have listed we are running ESX3.5 update 3.

You can then cross reference this build number with the VMware site as too the exact update version.

Kind regards,

Glen

0 Kudos
jbogardus
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

When you highlight the host object in VirtualCenter you will see the version say 153875 or later if it's Update 4 just between the menu bar and the 'Getting Started' and other tabs that are in the main VC pane.

0 Kudos
jbogardus
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Update 1 is 82663

Update 2 is 110268

Update 3 is 123630

0 Kudos
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

True for ESX but there are different build numbers for ESXi.

Kind regards,

Glen

0 Kudos
vm-au-user
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so one my hosts is

3i, 3.5.0, 169697

Is that update 4

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

If you go to the patches page - http://support.vmware.com/selfsupport/download/ - select ESXi and version 3.5 you'll get a listing of all patches for ESXi. You can then see if you have update 4 or later by looking at the firmware versions. In your case you have the lastest and are post update 4 (update 4 was version 153875).

0 Kudos
jbogardus
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, 153875 is the Update 4 build number for both ESX and ESXi. Since your build number is later than that you have Update 4 plus additional 'in between Updates' patches. Also, there are some other newer patches from June 30 that are later than your build.

0 Kudos