VMware Cloud Community
jose_maria_gonz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

is vApps putting out my VMs?

Hi there,

I am just playing around with vApps and I have a silly question to make but that it is bugger me a bit now. I have put two VMs within a vApps container and when I add (hot add) a new NIC to one VM that VM gets out the vApp container right away.

Is that the way vApps is supposed to work or is there something dodgy going on with my setup?

Thanking you in advance,

Saludos,

Jose Maria Gonzalez,

-

VMware vExpert 2009

Co-autor del Libro VMware Site Recovery Manager 1.0 update1

-

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct.

[VMware Site Recovery Manager 1.0 update1|http://feedproxy.google.com/ElBlogDeVirtualizacionEnEspanol]

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like a bug to me, if you can reproduce, I suggest filing an SR with VMware Support.

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

I actually just tried it and it seems to work fine, hot adding a vNIC to a VM while in a 2VM vApp. You may want to try it again and see if you can reproduce it, might have just been a funky quirk

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
jose_maria_gonz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi lamw,

Thanks for your prompt replay. much appreciated.

I did the the same thing on a different environment - vSphere 4.0 & ESX 4.0 - and it appears that is the same. It puts the VM out of the vApps after adding a vNIC to that VM.

Saludos,

Jose Maria Gonzalez,

-

VMware vExpert 2009

Co-autor del Libro VMware Site Recovery Manager 1.0 update1

-

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct.

[VMware Site Recovery Manager 1.0 update1|http://feedproxy.google.com/ElBlogDeVirtualizacionEnEspanol]

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jose,

Sounds like a bug, I would report it if it isn't already known.

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

0 Kudos