5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2010 10:01 PM by ghchinoy

Windows 7 RC Host / VM 6.5.2 - NAT problem

derekpapworth Enthusiast

Hi there,

I'm currently running Windows 7 RC in dual boot mode with Vista (both 64 bit) and had been having issues between the two with VM's using the NAT network adaptor .. it seemed that running in Vista all was working fine yet with Windows 7 VM's could ping and tracert to internet etc., but couldn't browse or have application access out.

I thought at first it was the configuration of Windows 7 but after much matching of setup between Vista and Windows I then trawled the web and forums here and discovered it wasn't just me but appears there's a problem with the VMWorkstation NAT service that just doesn't work under Windows 7 RC whereas it's ok under Vista.

I do quite understand that Windows 7 is not yet a released o/s and hence VMWare can't be expected to have their software compliant with it but I'm hoping that the labs are already well and truelly working with Windows 7 and Workstation and have also come across this issue and .. it would surprise me if it hasn't already been fixed in a build in the labs?

As I'm sure many of us that use Workstation are trying out Windows 7 RC as it's widely available, would it be possible for VMWare to issue, in beta form maybe, a pre-release of Workstation (or just NAT service module if possible as separate) so all of us who are trialing Windows 7 can also use and trial NAT VM's at the same time? I for one extensively use NAT'd VM's so not having them (I know the workarounds) is a bit of a pain as we try 7.

Thanks!

Derek