VMware Cloud Community
steffan
Contributor
Contributor

ISCSI Qlogic (IBM oem) 4050C and 4062C Cards on IBM xSeries Servers connected to Equallogic PS5000 Series Arrays - Optimal Configuration

Hi

I had some discussions with VMWare and Equallogic (DELL) about the configuration of the above HBA Cards. Equallogic has a FAQ document which is well documented: ExecThrottle: 128-200, KeepAliveTo:60-120,Arp Redirect: ON, JumboFrames:ON.

But what about all the other values in the ISCLI option 3-3-4-7 ? Does anyone of you have the above configuration (well working) and would it be possible to post that (i just want to confirm that there is nothing set, which maybe could give us a problem)?

I just want to know what the optimal configuration is.

We often see that some of our windows machines get slow, e.g. when connected via RDP.

We use the Firmware 3.0.1.53 and 27. Bios 1.15 and 1.13.

Switches: HP 3500yl Trunked together with 6 Ports.

We use VI3 ESX 3.5 Update 3 and 4 on IBM x3755 and x3655 Servers

What is the optimal volume configuration i a VM?

Equallogic support told me to do it in that way:

The VM´s are connected with their Systemdrive to the HBA Card (4050c or 4062c) to a VMFS Volume which not hosts more than 8 VM volumes.

Data Volumes (e.g. drive d: or something) are connected with Microsoft ISCSI Initiator with MPIO from inside the VM. That means 4 pathes to the SAN.....

I can provide more info, but i think the above should be enough to start a conversation.... Smiley Wink

Thanks in advance,

Steffan

0 Kudos
0 Replies