VMware Cloud Community
vnshilpa
Contributor
Contributor

CPU utilization and others

Hi all,

I need the information regarding the CPU utilization and the memory utilization basically the performance of the ESX server.The performance details of the last week or of a particaular date.Where would i get it? Will the ESX server stores the logs regarding this?

If the ESX server is connected to the VC, is there a way i can get this details here??

Regards,

SHILPA

0 Kudos
3 Replies
epping
Expert
Expert

hi

just look in VC, make sure the host is selected and then go to the performance tab, change the chart settings for the time period u require

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

You can also look into "esxtop" command from Service Console as well.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
Texiwill
Leadership
Leadership

Hello,

For all this you will want to use the VI SDK. It is the best place to start writing an application for ESX.

Best regards,
Edward L. Haletky
VMware Communities User Moderator, VMware vExpert 2009, DABCC Analyst
====
Author of the books 'VMware vSphere(TM) and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment' available for pre-order now
'VMWare ESX Server in the Enterprise: Planning and Securing Virtualization Servers', Copyright 2008 Pearson Education.
SearchVMware Pro|Blue Gears|Top Virtualization Security Links|Virtualization Security Round Table Podcast

--
Edward L. Haletky
vExpert XIV: 2009-2023,
VMTN Community Moderator
vSphere Upgrade Saga: https://www.astroarch.com/blogs
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Texiwill
0 Kudos