VMware Communities
davidliu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Fusion 2.0.2 Now Available

I am pleased to announce that VMware Fusion 2.0.2 is available today. VMware Fusion 2.0.2 is a free downloadable upgrade for VMware Fusion 1 and VMware Fusion 2 customers. Please see our announcement for more information. Here is the download link.

Enjoy!

David

Product Manager

VMware

0 Kudos
25 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi David,

Thanks for the info, will be test driving it asap. 😉

--

Wil

Visit the new VMware developers wiki at http://www.vi-toolkit.com

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
BartZorn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When I try to download 2.0.2 I get a "Secure Connection Failed" error. Apparently, there is something wrong with the certificate, as it is only valid for "a248.e.akamai.net, at least according to my Mac.

What is wrong here?

Thanks,

Bart

0 Kudos
andycactus
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto that.

Secure Connection Failed

"download2.vmware.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for a248.e.akamai.net

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)"

The only way to progress is to add an exception which defeats the point of all the trust & security.

0 Kudos
gilesthurston
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, I'm keen to get this downloaded as I am currently unable to copy files back to my Mac - even with VMWare Tools installed. I'm hoping this upgrade will fix the problem Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
stuarth20111014
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Tried to download both versions, without & with McAfee.

BTW, I would always go for McAfee-free as I use BitDefender. Thanks for offering it without too.

0 Kudos
jbrett00
Contributor
Contributor

I get the same message.

download2.vmware.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for a248.e.akamai.net

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Any thoughts?

-- J

0 Kudos
jkwuc89
Contributor
Contributor

Firefox will allow you to set an exception for this certificate error so that you can continue with the download. I did this successfully this morning.

Keith Wedinger

Bearcatnews.com

Sciotofootball.com

Keith Wedinger Bearcatnews.com Sciotofootball.com
0 Kudos
andycactus
Contributor
Contributor

Whilst you can bypass the warning it is not a wise thing to do, not a wise habit to get into.

The certificate is your indication that the owners of the domain you are downloading a file from is in fact owned by who they say they are.

Of course you have to also see who checked them out (included in the certificate) and you decide weather you trust them as well. Its a chain of trust.

For example domains can be hijacked and important files changed in some undesirable way. You think you got a clean file from Joe Bloggs Inc whereas infact you got a modified one with a bot network preinstalled & rarring to go from Bloe Joggs Inc. You are Pwned.

0 Kudos
DOBM
Contributor
Contributor

Running a six month old Intel MacBook Pro OSX 10.5.6 and upgrading from VMware Fusion 2.0.1. and running Windows Vista. Had some problems with 2.0.1 the primary one being the bug where the OS would 'lock-up' until a suspend and resume was done. This is listed as fixed in v2.0.2 so I was keen to download it (incidentally, the other method of fixing the lockup was to only allow one processor core rather than two to be assigned to Vista).

First problems with v2.0.2 are as follows:-

1) My internet network access had stopped working. This had been set to bridged mode, so had to change to NAT. Unfortunately this then meant I couldn't get to devices like network printers.

2) Tried to 'update' the VMware tools, but the icon stated that VMware services were not running.

3) Tried to update VMWARE tools using the menu item. This however after started reckoned that it couldn't access previous shared folders and wouldn't go any further.

4) Disabled shared folders in VMware and tried tools installation again.

5) The audio driver wouldn't install (a Microsoft 'update' had cured this in previous versions).

6) VMtools installation now stalled with 'Installing VMCI driver'.

Total wasted time so far:- approx two hours. Helpful suggestions welcome please...

0 Kudos
macanix
Contributor
Contributor

Getting same Certificate error here.

Which leads me to ask, Why isn't there an Updater builtin (like other apps) that check back and allow self-update?

0 Kudos
matthewls
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks VMware Fusion Team! The certificate issue was minor and the upgrade installed the new tools. Haven't tested dictation software but it all looks good so far.

0 Kudos
Heliomedia
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried several times to download the update (both versions). In each case, the download almost completes (a few Kb left, or so) and then gives the following error:

Downlaod Error

/Users/eric/Downloads/VMware-Fusion-2.0.2-146107.dmg.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

0 Kudos
davidliu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the interest in VMware Fusion 2.0.2! The download security warning is due to some IT issue we are currently investigating. The workaround is to add an exception in Firefox. If you are concerned with the authenticity of the download, please compare the MD5 or SHA1 checksum on the download and make sure it matches the ones we provided on the download page. Sorry for the inconvenience! I hope to update you soon on this.

David

Product Manager

VMware

0 Kudos
BartZorn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I have that problem too. I tried with both Firefox and Opera, but both gave the same problem.

So it is not my Mac nor my ISP, after all.

Bart

0 Kudos
Heliomedia
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed, the download seems to work flawlessly until the very end.

285Mb out of 285Mb downloads, but then it stalls and never completes.

No browser (Firefox 3.06, OSX 10.5.6) issues that I can detect. Nothing in the Console. If I pause and restart the download I get the "can't read from source" message.

0 Kudos
davidliu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update on the invalid certificate issue: we identified and fixed the issue. You should no longer see this when downloading VMware Fusion 2.0.2.

Thanks.

David Liu

Product Manager, VMware

0 Kudos
BartZorn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fine, thanks!

Bart

0 Kudos
stuarth20111014
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem as Heliomedia with the 2.0.2 light download. Same setup, FF 3.0.6 OS X 10.5.6.

The download does complete however, using Safari (3.1.2).

0 Kudos
PBenz
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto what Siriunson said.

0 Kudos