VMware Cloud Community
gesturgis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Resize NFS Datastore - Refresh

Greetings,

I have a volume on a Netapp filer mounted NFS as a datastore. I have then resized (increased) the size of the volume on the Netapp, and `vdf -h` shows the correct size of the datastore. However, in the VI client, the datastore still shows the old (smaller) size. I'm attempting a conversion that will require the new, larger, size, and it is refusing to start the conversion because it thinks the datastore is too small.

I've attempted using the Refresh link Configuration > Storage, but that does not display the new size.

Any ideas what I need to do here?

Thanks,

Grant

-

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would try restarting the hostd agent - service mgmt-vmware restart - this can be done while VMs are running -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would try restarting the hostd agent - service mgmt-vmware restart - this can be done while VMs are running -

0 Kudos
mike_laspina
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hi,

Disconnecting and reconnecting the host from the VC works as well or even restarting the VC service.

The all will invoke a VMDB sync/refresh.

http://blog.laspina.ca/ vExpert 2009
gesturgis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

worked perfectly, thanks.

0 Kudos