VMware Cloud Community
williambishop
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Round Robin...Tired of waiting. Anyone heard of any failures out there in production/test?

The question is self explanatory. Give me some feedback, I'm ready to move some of my P2 and P3 stuff, after a couple years of waiting, I'm willing to just go for it.

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Good call - look for this thread shortly.

And here you go:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/186048

--Matt

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We've been running RR for about a year now with absolutely no issues on both HDS and 3Par. Soon to be trying it on Symmetrix.

To anyone else besides you, I'd warn to make sure your array really is good at RR multipathing, as there are plenty out there that say they can do penalty-less multipathing, but can't. But for you, william, I'm pretty sure your arrays can handle it Smiley Happy

--Matt

williambishop
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I'm on a symm. Hopefully you're right. It does multipathing pretty well with our healthcare pacs system, and AIX hosts...What's the possible repercussions? Lun locks?

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos
williambishop
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Maybe we need a thread similar to the unofficial storage numbers one...We could call it, "RR works on mine!"

So you have HDS, and 3par, I'll add symm (hopefully--actually I ran it for a short time on some low priority vdi desktops, but turned if off when I moved them to new luns) .

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Good call - look for this thread shortly.

And here you go:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/186048

--Matt

0 Kudos
williambishop
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Updated

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos