VMware Communities
uppulurivasu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Connect 2 Virtual Machines Cluster to a Common Storage

Hello Friends,

I need some quick help, the following is the scenario:

a) One Windows Server 2003 SP2 Virtual Machine with static IP and host name as node1 on VMWare Workstation 6.5

b) One Windows Server 2003 SP2 Virtual Machine with static IP and host name as node2 on VMWare Workstation 6.5

I want to connect a Virtual hard disk to both of these virtual machines, my bottom line requirement is both node 1 and node 2 will be clustered nodes and will be using virtual hard disk as X or Z drive but only one of them will be writing to that disk. Let me know if this is a workable solution and how to do this.

When I try to attach a Virtual Hard Drive to 2 Node Cluster Team, I get an notification saying that there is an error in the virtual hard disk file

Please help me out...

Thanks

-Srini

srini1976
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
uppulurivasu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got the answer my self.

You basically share the same quorum and data disk between both the virtual machines.

i.e. map the quorum and data disks on node1 to node2 with out creating additional disks, it works 🙂

srini1976

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
el1971
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Have you received the error message 'Failed to lock the file'?

-- Edi

0 Kudos
uppulurivasu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got the answer my self.

You basically share the same quorum and data disk between both the virtual machines.

i.e. map the quorum and data disks on node1 to node2 with out creating additional disks, it works 🙂

srini1976
0 Kudos