VMware Communities
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please keep me from doing something rash...seriously!!!

OK folks -- I have moved to management now and am most likely classified as an idiot by you guys. Smiley Wink But, what is going on when I am running Microsoft Office (for example) and i am typing and then all of the sudden the SUSPEND GUEST 'thingy' shows up at the top of the scren and starts to shut down/save the state of the system. All of this without me clicking any MAC menus or anything.

I am so angry as this happened at least 10 times in the past week. Perhaps my thumb is moving the cursor outside of the Fusion window and then I am activating some certain keystrokes to do this.

Questions:

1. anybody else experience this?

2. how is this happening? i.e. what keystrokes are causing this?

3. how do I disable this????

I will award points and hugs if necessary Smiley Wink

Platform: MAC OSX 10.4.11

VMWARE Fusion: 1.1.1 build 72241

thanks!!!

A little bit more from a clearer head. For some reason my cursor will get moved outside of the fusion window running Windows XP and MS Office 2007. When this happens I most likely will not catch it and will continue typing. At some point, and it never fails to happen, the series of keystrokes I hit must activate a shortcut for the 'SUSPEND GUEST' option. So, the little progress bar will drop down from the top center of my screen...everything turns gray...and I am looking at a GIGANTIC PLAY BUTTON on my screen. This is driving me batty...so much so that I am ready to throw this whole setup out the window: Macbook Pro and Fusion in lieu of a traditional Wintel laptop.

Certainly I can't be the only one this has happened to.

Please help. Thanks!

Message was edited by: vmNewb35

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gbullman
Expert
Expert

Are you running in Single Window, Full Screen or Unity mode? You're probably somehow producing a key combination via the Mac to close the VM via Fusion's default behavior to suspend it when it is closed. Are you using a lot of special characters in your Office Documents or something. I spend hours a day since January working in Office documents in a mix of Single Window & Unity screen modes, and I have not once experienced what you are describing.

Think you have to pay close attention to your last action before the VM starts to suspend.

Message was edited by: gbullman

Note that Apple key + W is Mac key combination to close a window, Apple key + Q would quit Fusion.

0 Kudos