VMware Cloud Community
Rammi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

iscsi LUN

I'm not able to view the iscsi LUN even after rescan. The firewall port is open and the iscsi s/w initiator is also enabled.

Any suggestions please.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

One of most common things overlooked is not setting up networking so that the service console can see the iSCSI target - also another common thing overlooked is makin CHAP is set up correctly if it is used.

If you find this or anpther answer useful please consider awarding points by marking it correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Rammi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I do not have CHAP.

0 Kudos
Rammi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I do not have CHAP.

It is a test environment

I've my iscsi configured on the same vswitch as that of service console.

the ip address of my iscsi is 192.168.160.16 which is not being sensed by the vmnic configured for this vswitch.

attached is a screenshot

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

What is the ip address of your vmkernel port? Are you using ESXi or regular ESX - if you are using ESX what is the IP address of your Service Console Port?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Rammi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm using a regular ESX 3.5. The IP address of my Servive console is 192.168.160.54 and that of vmkernel port is 192.168.160.204.

0 Kudos
DannoXYZ
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have the initiator granted permission on the iSCSI box?

0 Kudos
Eliot_Hatton
Contributor
Contributor

Can i ask what SAN you're using? is it something like an MD3000i perhaps? just out of curiosity.

As previousely mentioned you will need to configure both a service console and a vmkernel for iSCSI, and then allow the connection via your iSCSI SAN interface, and then rescan via the VC.

Another thing to try - can you use vmkping from the ESX ternminal to ping the iscsi port\s on your SAN? to verify basic connectivity.

0 Kudos