6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2008 8:51 AM by Kirk S

Couple Questions...

heybuzzz Hot Shot

After breakfast it list "General Session" what's that all about?

Should the Key Notes "KNVMware - Question and Answer Session with Paul , President and CEO"  be a priority?

Lastly, how's the free breakfast?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Couple Questions...
          derekn Hot Shot

The name pretty much implies what it is.  No other sessions are offered at this time to "force" you to attend this presentation where speakers give tech trends, where vmware is at today, etc type of news.

It's almost in the format of a financial presentation and marketing trends presentation.  Its a good presentation in the past but without Diane Greene I am not sure how much fun it will be.

Last year in San Franciso the breakfast was pretty ok seeing how many people they have to feed.  I would compare it to a Best Western Continental breakfast.  Doughnuts, muffins, pastries, fresh fruit and tons of juices.

-go easy

• 2. Re: Couple Questions...
            RParker Guru

> Its a good presentation in the past but without Diane Greene I am not sure how much fun it will be.

Well if it's anything like her online presentation, she needs a spokesperson!  She is boring, lacks poise, and ever other word was umm, ah, oh, and ok.  She is a horrible presenter.  Some one else needs to be the face of VM ware.  She may have founded the company, but she isn't the most sophisiticated exec to be sure....

So "fun" hopefully will be just that, a lot more entertaining that Diane was, because her lack luster speeches are just plain boring.  I am looking forward to a great event, better than any previous ones...

And the food, well let's just say Vegas hires the BEST chefs anywhere in the world, period.  Vegas knows 3 things, gambling, entertainment and food.   Everyone has to eat after gambling and partying... the food cannot be sub par, it has to be good, and it is.  San Fran is one story, but this is Vegas, no comparison.  Why do you think so many companies hold conventions there.. it isn't ALL about Sin City and it's distractions, they do have quite the ammenities.

• 3. Re: Couple Questions...
              TomHowarth Guru
              vExpertUser Moderators

And the food, well let's just say Vegas hires the BEST chefs anywhere in the world, period.

Las Vegas only has 21 Michelin Stars

Toyko has 191

London has 51

New York has 42

How do you justify that statement!!!

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

• 4. Re: Couple Questions...
                heybuzzz Hot Shot

If you're inside the conference do they have free drinks and snacks?

• 5. Re: Couple Questions...
                  Kirk S Enthusiast

They did in San Francisco.

• 6. Re: Couple Questions...
                    buckethead Hot Shot

In the past years there have been snacks and drinks put out at break time in the mornings and afternoons.  It will go quick though.  I always have a few protein bars packed in my backpack just in case I get hungry and there are not snacks that I want to eat.  I also fill up a water bottle every morning so that I got something to drink.

In LA there were plenty of snacks, but last year it did seem like they ran out a lot in San Francisco.