VMware Communities
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

VMware Fusion 2.0 Beta 2 Now Available...

VMware Fusion 2.0 Beta 2 is now available! VMware Fusion 2.0 will be a free downloadable upgrade for all VMware Fusion 1.x customers when released.

New features in VMware Fusion 2.0 beta 2 include

• Unity 2.0 with Mirrored Folders, Application Sharing, Keyboard Remapping, Styled Text Copy/Paste

• Multiple Snapshots with AutoProtect

• Mac OS X Server virtual machines

• Experimental Support for 4-way SMP for Server VMs

• Linux Easy Install and Unity for Ubuntu and Red Hat guests

• Improved performance in many areas

• AND SO MUCH MORE

For more details, go to:

http://blogs.vmware.com/teamfusion/2008/07/safer-stronger.html

If you like what you see, it would be great if you could digg our beta 2 blog post! Smiley Happy

There is a separate beta forum/community for the VMware Fusion 2.0 beta program that includes bug reporting. Please refer to the VMware Fusion 2.0 beta community at:

http://communities.vmware.com/community/beta/fusion

We are excited to bring make VMware Fusion 2.0 beta 2 available to you and look forward to your feedback.

NOTE: As with any beta release, there are known and unknown issues. We recommend beta testing only for those who want to use the latest and greatest software and can afford potential downtime and issues.

Pat Lee

VMware

0 Kudos
2 Replies
majortom67
Contributor
Contributor

Interestingly I found out a couole of things:

- processor usage is now very low, around 8% in idle; before was around 30% -> with pikes of 100% and beyond every 4-5 seconds with Tools installed (mistery nobody could never resolve without uninstalling official or unofficail tools). GREAT JOB!!!

- Linux.iso CD image with VMware Tools is al little smaller than previous version, creation date is 07/30/2008 vs. 04/30/2008 of prev. version; some tools have been updated. THERE'S SOMETHING NOT CLEAR: ARE THESE TOOLS FINALLY COMPATIBLE WITH Ubuntu 8.04??? I'm unbale to try out them because I have now write permissions denied on the Dolphin folder and I'm trying to get rid of the problem...

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, 2.0b2 Tools should work with Ubuntu 8.04.

0 Kudos