VMware Cloud Community
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

VI client locks up but only console

This is a new problem for me and only from a particular computer (XP SP3) as the VI clinet has worked for me before and from this machine. This is a problem with ESXi and Server 2.0. It occures with the web interface console as well as the VI client.The client is the most recent although the last one did not work on this machine either.

I can connect and login just fine. I can create new vm's just fine. I can do absolutely everything except open the console.I have tried uninstalling, removing the registry entries, removing the leftover directories, etc. I have turned off the RT virus scanner and firewal.I am stumped.Anyone have a clue where I might look??

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

There's a few things in this thread that may help you - http://communities.vmware.com/message/884958.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Already saw that post and one other. The current install of 2.5 client has the two files in both locations. I have no Intel wireless card.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Dave

Thanks for you suggestions. Ended up reinstalling Windows. Not worth not having the ability to use the client.

0 Kudos