VMware Communities
mrk_webber
Contributor
Contributor

Can't access Outlook Web access

Hello

I installed VMware on my Mac mainly to access my online email via "Outlook Web Access" - strangely, to my surprise, I was unable to login. I have no interest in installing Outlook on my Machine, as I rarely use my account, though I would like to have the ability to access my online outlook.

Does anyone know what the reason is why the Oulook Web Access server doesn't accept me using Explorer 7 on a VMware virtual Machine? Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and advice.

Many thanks!

Best,

Mark Webber

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gbullman
Expert
Expert

I am able to access Outlook Webmail fine from a Windows XP SP3 VM. (Hosted on Leopard 10.5.4, Fusion 1.1.3). I am using Bridged networking because I want my virtual machines to appear on the network as a peer machine to my Mac. What type of Network configuration do you have set up for the VM? I would expect NAT or Bridged will work for what you are trying to do, but Host only will not.

As a side note, why don't you just use Firefox or Safari for Outlook Web Access, granted it is not as pretty, but you can do anything you need to do as far as e-mail is concerned?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have Internet Connectivity from within the Virtual Machine? If yes then this is not a Fusion issue per-se. Check with your System Administrator for the proper settings required for you to use OWA and then verify you've implemented everything correctly.

0 Kudos