VMware Cloud Community
peterlyttle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HP Systems Insight Manager 5.2 & ESX 3.5 - Health Status

Hello, I am having a strange issue that when I add a server to SIM it adds it fine but when I go to click on the Health Status it doesn't have a link (it has a yellow warning sign). However when I browse to and login it works fine and shows the health status.

I have tried running /etc/init.d/./hpasm reconfigure and made sure that rocommunity is set at public and allows any hosts to connect. I have also added the server ip address under the IP Binding in the Security section along with adding the certificate for the Management Server under "Trusted Management Servers" all with the same output.

If I pull one of the redundant power supplies the minor warning changes to a major but I cant tell what the issue is without logging in every time to

Im using HP Systems Insight Manager 5.2 with the 7.91 Agent on ESX 3.5 Update 1

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have no idea on what the problem might be, but are there any reason for not running 8.0.0a (which is for ESX 3.5 Update 1)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-07643839dc4a4495...;

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
JRink
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have had problems with this before that I think were related to snmp.... You might want to try to re-do snmp all over again on the esx host.

JR

0 Kudos
bebman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What steps do you recommend for re-doing SNMP?

If you found this helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful /Correct buttons to award points. Thanks !!

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos
peterlyttle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, sorry for the delay in replying, as the other poster said what steps did you take to redo SNMP?

Thanks.

Peter

0 Kudos
hugopeeters
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can get the link to the System Management Homepage working by Clicking on Configure --> Configure or Repair Agents in HP SIM.

0 Kudos