VMware Communities
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

VMware releases Fusion 1.1.3 build 94249

From the Release Notes

VMware Fusion 1.1.3 is a maintenance release that contains fixes for a variety of issues.

VMware Fusion 1.1.3:

Corrects a problem in which VMware Fusion encountered reactivation problems in the native Boot Camp partition and the Boot Camp virtual machine when installing Windows Vista SP1.

Fixes a problem in VMware Fusion 1.1.2 that caused HGFS mounting failures in Linux guest operating systems.

Fixes a problem where VMware Fusion did not distinguish between Traditional and Simplified Chinese so that if your system language preference was set to either Chinese version, Fusion would present the Simplified Chinese interface. In verison 1.1.3, Fusion differentiates between the two Chinese systems and enables the user to specify another language as a preference if Traditional Chinese is not available.

Updates the Simplified Chinese on-line help.

Corrects a problem in which a virtual machine originally created with a product other than Fusion got the error "Cannot connect virtual device sound" when it tried to play a sound.

VMware Fusion 1.1.1 incorporated a workaround for Apple bug 5679432 (Mac OS X hang under heavy disk load when unbuffered I/O is in use). That version of Fusion disabled unbuffered disk I/O on Mac OS X 10.5 hosts, even if the user selected Optimize for Mac OS application performance in VMware Fusion preferences. Apple fixed this bug in Mac OS X 10.5.3, so VMware Fusion 1.1.3 removes the workaround when the guest operating system is Mac OS X 10.5.3 or higher.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

You are so darned speedy! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
wolfwolf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Do you happen to have the direct download link to it?

It looks like the VMware download page is currently down for maintenance.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

That was temporary, try it now.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

I was about to say that about the VMware team! Turning out the 2.0 beta and 1.1.3 with concurrent development - keep up the good work.

0 Kudos
davidb2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am running 1.1.2 with no problems (MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.5.3, XP Pro SP3) and don't see any fixes mentioned that seem to pertain to me. Any particular reason to update?

David

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

As a maintenance release, for most users, the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it rule" should apply.

0 Kudos
TheAngryPenguin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just out of curiosity, was VMware Tools updated in 1.1.3 as well? I haven't been prompted to upgrade.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

There were some changes (e.g. Vista SP1 activation for Boot Camp, Linux HGFS, etc.) Depending on your .vmx settings, you might not get prompted.

0 Kudos