4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2008 4:00 PM by ckperry

Studying for VCP

ablej Hot Shot

I am starting my studies for the VCP. I have taken the bootcamp class through VMware. My question is how long on average did everyone put into studying for the VCP  and what resources did you find valuable?

• 1. Re: Studying for VCP
          mbanusife Novice

Personally, I studied every topic on the blueprint outline, and used the practical experience I had to take the test. It seemed to help that I had run into most of the troubleshooting problems that were presented on the exam.

• 2. Re: Studying for VCP
            aguacero Hot Shot

Fortunately I had the work experience as my background.  I did go thru various guides (admin guides, quick installs, etc.).  Most others were from experience.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

• 3. Re: Studying for VCP
              azn2kew Champion

VCP is all about product specifications and best practices with legitimate hands on experience would give you a passing score of 70.  I suggest you read all the admin guides on vmware.com and know details about specifications as good as basic command lines.  You should at least work with ESX environment for 6 months to familiar yourself with the exam.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

• 4. Re: Studying for VCP
                ckperry Enthusiast

I have always preferred to build a home lab for some actual hands on practice when studying for a cert exam.  Doing this for VMWare is a little more expensive than some of the others but I think it is worth it.  I've started a thread in the cert area covering building a home lab if you would like to check it out.

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/147796?tstart=0

Good luck!

Chris