VMware Cloud Community
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

VMware ESX 3.x: Advance Technical Guide book when????

Folks,

I'm sure you all know about this book but I'm been waiting for it too long anyone know where I can place an order asap. Apparently, the book is so good that I've read old version book and first 3 chapters of it and very well written. It was told to be available in April on BN.com but god can't wait to read something more technical. Anyone can route me to buy download .pdf version of Mike Laverick and Brian Madden's book on CPS 4.5 Advance Technical Design as well.

www.vi3book.com doesn't show much about ordering and impatient to wait Smiley Happy I know its a great book. Mike can you give us details if you're surfing!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ken_Cline
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I've got a pre-release "Authors' Edition" and can verify that it's a great book. The three authors have tremendous experience and do a good job of putting their knowledge on paper. It's well worth the wait :smileygrin:

Ken Cline

Technical Director, Virtualization

Wells Landers

VMware Communities User Moderator

Ken Cline VMware vExpert 2009 VMware Communities User Moderator Blogging at: http://KensVirtualReality.wordpress.com/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check it out - available from barnes and noble - or at least will be soon - I have had friends pre order amd I have seen an author's sopy and it is great and well worth the wait - not only a design guide but now includes an operations guid -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
williamarrata
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Check this site out and see if any of these books interest you.

Hope that helped. Smiley Happy

Hope that helped. 🙂
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I can't wait to see its release and I'm big fan of hardcore designs especiallly ESX architecture and administration standpoints. There are bunch of ESX books out there but non-worth the wait those are okay per se but I love this advance technical guides. This will help us with VMware Certified Design Expert upcoming certification and you can read out the exam blueprint now at

This seems to be very advance guide but its all about day to day operations as well. Can't wait to take the exam and feel it. Thanks for replied.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
Ken_Cline
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I've got a pre-release "Authors' Edition" and can verify that it's a great book. The three authors have tremendous experience and do a good job of putting their knowledge on paper. It's well worth the wait :smileygrin:

Ken Cline

Wells Landers

Ken Cline VMware vExpert 2009 VMware Communities User Moderator Blogging at: http://KensVirtualReality.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Where can I download or granted "Author's Edition" or buy it anyhow. You know I'm hungry for this book because combination of 3 great guys in ESX arena and can't wait. Even though lurking forums, blogs and whitepapers alot of info but i really like to spend time finish one single book for all. Ken, should I contact the author for pre-copy somehow paying same price for hard copy should be fine as well. Give some insights chief!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

0 Kudos
williamarrata
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Not changing the subject but.........VMWare put out a results page thats very interesting, if your interested. It has just benchedmarked the latest servers. WOW

Go to this page and click on the results tab. Alot of information that is really needed for Hardware decisions.

Hope that helped. 🙂
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would have to contact one of the author's - but I do not think they are available anymore -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Arrata brother, stop jacking my thread I'll have to fly over to Garden Grove and punish you for disturbing my education process. Smiley Happy so how's it doing over there man? VMmark is new free tools just for benching not much use but at least its free. I would like to see some free tools like capacitiy planning just plug in the number of Users, VMs, and ESX hosts than they can generate a good recommendations. Capacity Planner is overkill and can't use it unless you're VMware partners Smiley Sad

Again, I would have to wait until the book released but confirm its so good and worth $$$.

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

0 Kudos
Ken_Cline
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Where can I download or granted "Author's Edition" or buy it anyhow.

You can't have one :smileygrin:

There was a very limited distribution of the Authors' Edition, and I just happened to get lucky. Based on the quality (grammar, formatting, etc. not technical quality) of the AE, I'm guessing that there was still some editing to be done, but that shouldn't have taken too long. I suspect that you will be seeing an announcement Real Soon Now (tm), so Patience, Grasshopper Smiley Wink

Ken Cline

Wells Landers

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I've read their trying to come up with more secure distribution of the books online so they get all the $$$ they can but waiting to release hardcopy is wait too long good things worth waiting ain't it. Thanks master!

Be patient, Grasshopper. Your "apprenticeship" has only just begun.

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

0 Kudos
williamarrata
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Ya Ya Ya, You and what Army commin to Garden Grove. LOL Really, someday you better come out and visit, dinner is on me. Buy the way , did you every get married yet??

Hope that helped. 🙂
0 Kudos
Jae_Ellers
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

VMmark is new free tools just for benching not much use but at least its free. I

Except for the two Spec tests that cost $1700. :smileyangry: So if you already own those it's free.

Guys, get a room, or at least use PMs to catch up. Thanks.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- http://blog.mr-vm.com http://www.vmprofessional.com -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
0 Kudos