5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2008 7:13 AM by jonhall

VCP :- am I ready!

einstein-a-go-go Hot Shot
    vExpert

Some background, I've been using VMware ESX from the early days of 1.0 and GSX, I've attended all the official training courses usually after I've been exposed to the product in real-life for 18 months (so the courses although fun, haven't really been value for money for me!).

Just been off my feet for three days in my sick bed, and I had some-time, approx 14 hours constant, and found the VMware Partner VMware Sales Professional and VMware Technical Sales Professionals course modules (consultancy I work for is a Partner!), so I thought I just take the online courses, one after another to see what my VMware skills are like, I've managed to obtain an average of 89% on all test modules, satisfying both VMware Technical Sales Professionals/Sales Professionals , not trying to blow my own trumpet here, but how similiar are the questions in the real VCP EXAM?

Maybe it's about time, I made the time, and walked in for a 60min exam! I may surprise myself!

• 1. Re: VCP :- am I ready!
          Mr.Flibble Hot Shot

Having done the VCP, then the VTSP (minus 1 course not yet available) and I have 1 more course to complete my VSP, I can say that the VCP is considerably more difficult. The material is different in all cases of course, VCP being techical hands on, VTSP being ACE, VDI and LabManager, and VSP being sales.

I would say I put in at least 30x the work on the VCP as compared to the other tests. 

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: VCP :- am I ready!
            rriva Expert

not trying to blow my own trumpet here

are you sure ????

but how similiar are the questions in the real VCP EXAM?

questions are completely different, but if you have a working experience on VMWare Virtual Infrastructure you couls stay quite relaxed.

BTW, if I were in you I'll read again and again some PDF on the VMWare site, expecially "admin_guide" "config_max" e so on ....

there's a lot of question regarding numbers ? look and try to have practive on resource pool

Bye

R

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanx!

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: VCP :- am I ready!
              einstein-a-go-go Hot Shot
              vExpert

my point was, I had some spare time, before returning to work, and needed some mental agility, so without any bookwork, sat down to 14 hours of courses and completed them.

The VTSP I did, was VTSP - Infrastructure Virtualization.

• 4. Re: VCP :- am I ready!
                rriva Expert

spare time

What is it ?!?!? :_|

I'm writing on the communities and is 23:56 (GMT +1) while I'm waiting to complete Oracle Download ... then I have to setup a VM for tomorrow morning ... all my family sleep !

What a hard life !

BTW, be sure that VCP question is more difficult than VSP, but if you have experience and time to read (or study) the docu, you could stay sure you pass.

- Take some VCP Test on the Internet (there's a lot)

- Double check Licensing, VCB, Resource Management, Admin Guide

... and Good Luck

Bye

R

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanx!

• 5. Re: VCP :- am I ready!
                  jonhall Expert

Hello,

Two things you should know before attempting the VCP exam.  First, you must take the VMware course VI3:Install and Configure, as it is a requirement to take the exam.  If you have already taken the course and still have your course material, it is an excellent resource for studying for the exam.  Second, the VCP certification is a technical certification as opposed to a technical sales certification.  As such, it is significantly more technical in nature and could be considered more difficult.  Of course, you mentioned you have extensive experience with the product, so you may not find it as difficult as some, but certainly compared to the VTSP it would be.

-

Jon C. Hall

Technical Certification Developer

VMware, Inc.