VMware Communities
Zora
Contributor
Contributor

Using Copy/Cut&Paste failes while in Unity Mode, plus problems with Umlaut characters

Hi,

using Fusion 1.1.1 for a Win XP SP2 machine, I realized that copying from my imac applications to Windows only works while in Single-Window-Mode.

In Unity mode, this fails, nothing is shown in the Windows clipboard either.

I addition, when copying from imac to Windows, umlaut characters like u-umlaut (ü) etc. simply do not get copied but replaced by a "." and some characters.

Any help welcome!

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Zora
Contributor
Contributor

Just a refresh - the problem consitently exists when in Unity Mode.

Thanks for any suggestion!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

That sounds strange, I just checked that I could copy/paste while in Unity, and even was able to get the umlat-u from your post. I was pasting into Notepad, if that makes a difference.

What version of Tools is installed in the guest? Try reinstalling them?

0 Kudos
edj
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem: cut and paste does not work in Unity

I reinstalled Tools but no change. Version 7.6.3 Build 94249

OSX 10.5.4 Fusion 1.1.3

I am pasting into Outlook which is what I typically need to do.

Would appreciate help fixing this.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I am having the same problem: cut and paste does not work in Unity

Does it work normally? What's the guest OS?

0 Kudos
edj
Contributor
Contributor

Very strange. I tested again and cut n'paste is now working in Single Window and Unity.

I can cut and paste from Outlook to Word Mac and V-V and also from Safari to Outlook.

I'm operating Windows XP.

I haven't changed anything in my set up. Keep my fingers crossed but I'm pretty sure the trouble will show up again.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
rickf101
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using Fusion 2.0.1 on OS X 10.5.5. Guest is WinXP SP2. Copy/paste works fine with Unity mode off. Once I go into Unity mode, Copy/paste between guest and host no longer works.

0 Kudos
sburnett
Contributor
Contributor

We're having the same problem at my office. We're running WinXP SP3. OS X 10.5.6 Fusion 2.0.1

We can't copy from Unity mode into OS X but we can copy from OS X into Unity mode.

Anyone have any clue?

0 Kudos
GabrielM
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Windows 2008 is the guest OS.

0 Kudos