3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2008 10:57 AM by etung

Can't build Leopard Server Virtual

hejish Novice

I am trying to build a Leopard Server virtual.  I have a Leopard Server install disk and license, but I'm stuck.

I try to create a new virtual, but fusion does not recognize the Leopard Server disk as bootable.

• 1. Re: Can't build Leopard Server Virtual
          Guru

This is currently expected behavior. As you may know, Mac hardware is a bit different from regular PC hardware and expects different things, so you can't just take an OS X DVD and install it on a generic PC. Although we demoed OS X Server running in a virtual machine at Macworld, the necessary code is not present in Fusion 1.1.

• 2. Re: Can't build Leopard Server Virtual
            hejish Novice

Oh.  And vmware will not comment on future product features, but, well, this was put into the public forum already.  Can I assume that this will be available in Fusion 1.X in the not-so-distant future, and can I ask about that given that this was already demoed?

• 3. Re: Can't build Leopard Server Virtual
              Guru

You can always ask, you just might not get an answer We haven't said anything about how this feature will be released, so I can't comment. I can answer simple questions about what we demoed, but I'm pretty sure a timeline was not one of them.