VMware Cloud Community
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

ESX 3.5 Released today?

Just saw this interesting article, will be very cool if it is indeed released today!

http://www.virtualization.info/2007/12/vmware-to-release-infrastructure-35.html

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Visit my website:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sbeaver
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is going to be a press release today ay 10:30

Steve Beaver

VMTN Forum Moderator

*Virtualization is a journey, not a project.*

Steve Beaver
VMware Communities User Moderator
VMware vExpert 2009 - 2020
VMware NSX vExpert - 2019 - 2020
====
Co-Author of "VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Data Center"
(ISBN:1420070274) from Auerbach
Come check out my blog: [www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog|http://www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog/]
Come follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/sbeaver

**The Cloud is a journey, not a project.**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
60 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think they might have jumped the gun...! :smileydevil:

0 Kudos
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sounds very interesting indeed! I'm curious what Vmware ESX 3.5 will offer more and such. Released today...hehe sounds cool let's see if it really happens :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Cool, a sinterklaas gift.... as today's his birthday Smiley Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas (Short info: the dutch variant of Santa Claus)

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Haha I didn't expect another Dutch member to be checking this excactly on 5 december!! Now you mention it, it's almost like Sinterklaas made it :smileysilly:

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I hate to break everyone's bubble, but you are living in a dream world.

ESX 3.5 is NOT coming out until 2008, February maybe March, most likely April. Don't get your hopes up.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

RParker,

LOL Not sure if you are breaking everyone's bubble... it would be nice to have access to 3.5 over the holidays, but it sure won't be an issue if it's not released before somewhere next year. VI3 runs fine now and i (and likely most of the people down here) wouldn't run 3.5 into production before somewhere next year anyways. VI3 has proven to be stable in my environment, not sure about 3.5 so far...

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's true, I love 3.02. Very stable.

BUT.. when 3.5 is released, we will have it that day. I like to stay current.... I will GLADLY be the guinnea pig..

0 Kudos
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Agree with that, we run VI3 too and it works fine too, so that ESX 3.5 is not coming out soon doesn't really break my bubble... I'm interested in how 3.5 will be but that'll be for later then.

0 Kudos
sbeaver
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is going to be a press release today ay 10:30

Steve Beaver

VMTN Forum Moderator

*Virtualization is a journey, not a project.*

Steve Beaver
VMware Communities User Moderator
VMware vExpert 2009 - 2020
VMware NSX vExpert - 2019 - 2020
====
Co-Author of "VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Data Center"
(ISBN:1420070274) from Auerbach
Come check out my blog: [www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog|http://www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog/]
Come follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/sbeaver

**The Cloud is a journey, not a project.**
0 Kudos
GuillaumeARRQ
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

aarrrggghhh, give it to me already !!

I need a fix !!!

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Perhaps you have some inside information you care to share? Why isn't it coming out until next year? VMware even stated in their press release a few months ago it was coming out in December. The Release Candidate version of 3.5 was out months ago.

Visit my website:

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

And the ESX features website was updated already...

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you sure you aren't confusing it with 3i? 3i isn't even out for GA, and now 3.5 is going to just skip it? I find that hard to believe...

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

OK, before anyone else catches it and does "I told you so" I found this article, which explains it.

3i (is the lite version of 3.5 ESX) - SBeaver mentioned this in another thread.

This says that the 3.5 MAY be released ahead of its 12/31 release date (3.5). So I didn't know 3i was the same as 3.5. So there you have it. You can blast me for my misgivings.. but at least I found my own mistake.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VM ware should be called the intravenous virtual drug....

I need a hit too!

0 Kudos
Bwhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Actually we were told by VMware that the release date will be December 10th

frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We won't blast you, well I won't at least. Remember no one is perfect I mean everyone sometimes says something wrong and yes you found your own mistake nothing toworry about Smiley Wink

Secondly now VMware told us ESX is gonna be released 10 december? Any prove of that? since various links have been posted now saying a lot of different things.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am hoping that the press release later today, will once and for all tell us that information. The "rumors" flying around is that it will be released.. I did some checks on the net, but I don't see any "copies" floating around... usually I can find a reference or two if indeed it was actually out.... but maybe VM Ware is really good at hiding secrets..

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Monday.. hmm... can't make it Friday so we can have a chance to test it over the weekend, before the work week.. AHHHAAA!!!!!

0 Kudos