4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2008 10:14 AM by novell1

error on install

bxd20 Lurker

Tried to install the new V2 VMWare and got the following error during the installation :

Runtime Error !

Program: C:\Windows\system32\MsiExec.exe

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information

Has anyone else had this error ?  Someone else asked this question and was told to look at log files but I am not finding any log files written by the installer.  If that's the info needed, please supply a full path with file name

Thanks!

Brian

• 1. Re: error on install
          Enthusiast

Make sure you have the latest patch installed on your machine.  And try a reboot and run the installer again to see if that fixes your problem.

Thanks,

Howard

• 2. Re: error on install
            bxd20 Lurker

I have all MS patches applied to my computer.  I tried removing it, rebooting, and then running the installer again and the same thing happened.

Running Win 2003 Server Standard SP2 on a Dell GX270 P4 with 2GB of RAM.

Brian

• 3. Re: error on install
              JimH1111 Lurker

I have been experiencing the exact same error, installing under Windows Vista. I suspect there is an optional Windows component that I am lacking. I did try installing the c runtime extensions, but it did not help.

• 4. Re: error on install
                novell1 Enthusiast

Hi,

after updateing a new windows server W2K3 R2 mit SP und hotfixes, I get exactly the same Error R6034.

Is there something to fix that?

novell1