VMware Communities
Pbryanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Why does Fusion 1.1 restore my VM in two steps?

This has only started happening since moving to Leopard and Fusion 1.1.

When I first restore a Windows XP Virtual Machine the "restoring Virtual Machine state" box pops up. Then after it completes a new one pops up, this time completing faster then the first one.

I'm sure Fusion used to do it in one step under Tiger/Fusion 1.0 so why has it started to do this now?

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Fusion to make this behavior go away but to no avail.

Is there any way to fix this or is it accepted behavior?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

When I first restore a Windows XP Virtual Machine the "restoring Virtual Machine state" box pops up. Then after it completes a new one pops up, this time completing faster then the first one.

I'm sure Fusion used to do it in one step under Tiger/Fusion 1.0 so why has it started to do this now?

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Fusion to make this behavior go away but to no avail.

This is accepted behavior and happens in VMware Fusion 1.0 as well. This is happens in certain circumstances in the low level of VMware Fusion and the UI is just showing the behavior.

Pat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BP9906
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you referring to the "Revert to Snapshot" behavior? Or are you referring to restoring a VM from Time Machine?

Just wanted to get clarification on the "restore" you're referring to. Thanks.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Pbryanw,

I suspect and resume a lot. I have seen what you're talking about with 1.0 and before. I thought it might have something to do having a snapshot but I tried that and that's not it. Right now the behavior you described isn't happening, but I've seen it. Is yours happening every time?

Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

This is accepted behavior and happens in VMware Fusion 1.0 as well. This is happens in certain circumstances in the low level of VMware Fusion and the UI is just showing the behavior.

Pat

0 Kudos
Pbryanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer. I'm sure it didn't do this under 1.0, though my memory could be playing tricks on me. It does this everytime I first load my XP VM from snapshot, on subsequent reloadings from snapshot it does it in one step.

My Ubuntu VM, when reverting from snapshot, does it in one step strangely enough.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

0 Kudos