VMware Communities
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is there a way to disable Snapshots for a Fusion VM?

Is there a way to disable Snapshots for a Fusion VM? I tried adding undopoint.disableSnapshots = "TRUE" to the .vmx file which works in the version of Workstation I’m using but no joy in Fusion!

Thanks,

WoodyZ

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try

snapshot.disabled = "TRUE"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try

snapshot.disabled = "TRUE"

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It worked! Thanks Eric!

0 Kudos
bgabriel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What file did you actually edit? Where was it located? Thanks

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The .vmx config file. See .

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It is in the Virtual Machines .vmx configuration file.

Have a look at:

FWIW I believe that setting is only applicable to Fusion 1.x as it did not work for me in Fusion 2.0.

Maybe Eric can let us know what it should be in Fusion 2.0. Also while you're at it Eric what is it to disable Suspend as well? Smiley Happy Thanks

0 Kudos
bgabriel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

To VMFusion 1.x I added also the entry of suspend.disabled = "TRUE" (but first set under the VMFusion Preference menu "When closing a virtual machine", I selected the radio button of Power off the virtual machine) then when my students launch VMFusion, the Suspend button or in my case now the Start button becomes grayed out. In my case, I have the students actually launch the specific.

I also have a computer lab with VMFusion 2.x so would be interested in knowing what those entries would be for disabling both Suspend and Snapshot.

Since I deal with students that are always not following teachers instructions and going into menu options they should not be in, is there a way to disable the Preference menu option as well as the Settings. Once the computers are configured, I'd like students not to change the configurations which might affect the next student using this product.

0 Kudos