VMware Cloud Community
MetallicWood
Contributor
Contributor

Pre-Exam survey questions

Hi all,

Had a stab at the VI3 exam today but unfortunatley failed with a score of 59. Not bad for three nights of half hearted learning I guess.

Anyways, what's the score with the survey questiosn at the beginning. A they used as the basis for what questions they actually give you in the test?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Dan_Willis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If it has any bearing on the questions, I didn't notice it.

0 Kudos
gcompton
Contributor
Contributor

My group has been testing this theory.

One person answered the survey like he knew everything (which he is very smart and we all studied together) he failed horribly.

Others that took the test the same day and from same study group but didn't think they knew it as well answer mid to lower answers on survey and passed with flying colors.

We broke down a few questions for the next group to make sure they studied up on and our questions were not even close to what the smart guy that failed had.

Seems odd, not saying it is true but this guy knows more about VMWare than the rest of our mid-level guys which all passed.

One guy didn't answer the survey (so he says) I thought you had to....and missed one question.

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

I took the VI3 exam in March and I do not recall any pre-exam survey. There were some general example questions just to help the testee get comfortable with the interface but these questions shouldn't not have any bearing on the exam score as the questions had nothing to do with VMware.

Jason

0 Kudos
Dan_Willis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I should have mentioned that I took the exam twice - answered the survey questions with "I know it all" first time and "I know a bit" the second. My exam questions were nigh-on identical. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
IB_IT
Expert
Expert

I think it would be random. If it's anything like other e-tests, then VMWare has a pool of, say 1,000 or 2,000 questions (complete guess on my part), and the exam would randomly select questions from that pool. I don't know if it matters how you answer the pre-test survey.

0 Kudos