VMware Communities
ewiesner
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mainframe function keys

I am using Fusion to connect through a Citrix connection and Attachmate Extra to a mainframe. My problem is that once connected to the mainframe the function keys do not operate properly, ie. the F3 key should be the END key and the F8 key should be the scroll key. I have modified the Fusion preferences, but this did not make any difference. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you doing this on a MacBook Pro? If so try using Fn-F8 and Fn-F3. I believe that OSX intercepts those keys before they get to Fusion and uses them for Sound and for the Keyboard backlight. You can also go to the Keyboard & Mouse preferences and select "Use F1-F12 keys to Control Software Features." With the option enabled the Function keys will be passed to fusion and Fn-F? will activate the keyboard/volume options.

Fabio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you doing this on a MacBook Pro? If so try using Fn-F8 and Fn-F3. I believe that OSX intercepts those keys before they get to Fusion and uses them for Sound and for the Keyboard backlight. You can also go to the Keyboard & Mouse preferences and select "Use F1-F12 keys to Control Software Features." With the option enabled the Function keys will be passed to fusion and Fn-F? will activate the keyboard/volume options.

Fabio

0 Kudos
dennismiller
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you have Spaces enabled, you must temporarily turn it off in order to pass F8 through to Fusion. Also, under Keyboard preferences, turn on the "Use F1, F2, etc." keys at Function keys option. Then, F8 will work to start the installation of Windows XP.

0 Kudos