VMware Cloud Community
mbrkic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vSphere 6.0 ESX hosts do not show up in the list of available hosts to add to n1000v

After upgrading vSphere to 6.0 and n1000v to 5.2(1)SV3(2.1) we cannot add new 6.0 hosts to the n1000v. They just do not show up in the list of hosts available to be added.

The issue seems very similar to the one described in KB article 2039046,. It says that it is applicable to vCenter 5.1, but then it mentions adding entries for ESX 6.0 hosts. Also, I believe those instructions are not quite correct as they seem to hardcode the dvs ID to 128.

The original issue is also discussed in this old thread from the 5.1 days:

Help with Nexus 1000v no new hosts show up

My questions are:

1. Has anyone seen this with upgrade to 6.0?
  2. Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to make this change on a vSphere 6.0 Appliance with a Postgres database? There seem to be two types of values accepted for product version in the table VPX_DVS_COMPATIBLE, things like "5.0+", as well things like "5.0<".
  3. Can anyone confirm that these changes are supported by VMware (i.e., was anyone instructed by VMware support to make these changes) (we have an SR opened, but it does not seem to be going anywhere fast Smiley Sad )

Cheers,

Milos

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbrkic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Just in case someone else runs into this, here is what happened:

We resolved this as per VMware instructions (after pointing them in the right direction) by adding the following entries in the database:

pastedImage_0.png

After this the hosts with 6.0 showed up in the 'add host' dialogue for the n1000v.

Cheers,

Milos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mbrkic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Just in case someone else runs into this, here is what happened:

We resolved this as per VMware instructions (after pointing them in the right direction) by adding the following entries in the database:

pastedImage_0.png

After this the hosts with 6.0 showed up in the 'add host' dialogue for the n1000v.

Cheers,

Milos

0 Kudos