VMware Cloud Community
DecoScott
Contributor
Contributor

layer 3 netgear switch and configuring VST

Currently trying to setup virtual switch tagging within vsphere and get VLANs routed to segment traffic. I have a VLAN ID set within the port group but can't seem to trunk the physical switch port and route the VLAN to anything. I would like to route one VLAN ID to the main LAN just for testing purposes. Does anyone have experience using Netgear for this purpose? It's a Netgear m4300. I can't find any documentation, videos, anything on setting up VST with this model but I believe it's possible.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported to moderators, it needs moving to the area for vSphere networking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
DecoScott
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for putting this in the right area. I apologize as I'm new to here. I have VLAN IDs in my port groups, physcial switches trunked, VLANS can be routed to each other and/or isolated from each other. Just having routing issues as far as getting any VLAN to talk to the main physical LAN. I believe I have everything figured out on the vmware side of things. This has become more of a Netgear or Firewall issue at this point.

0 Kudos