VMware Cloud Community
RaymondG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

dvport/swtch error on vmotion and storage vmotion

Hi, Im getting an error when working with a particular vm.

Error: Currently connected network interface 'network adapter 1' uses dvPort 'Distributed Virtual Switch(uuid: ....etc....)' which is a conflict port.

When i select the portgroup and go to the ports tab, it is listing the link state as down and doesnt show any information in the Mac or connectee column.

The VM is pingable...I just cant move. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue, and if so, is there a way to resolve it without restarting the VM.

Thanks.

Raymond Golden

VCP3, VCP4, MCSA, A, Net, SEC+

Raymond Golden VCP3, VCP4, MCSA, A+, Net+, SEC+
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mischief3000
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys

Im also encountered this issue - been looking around how to solve this problem still cant find the answer

Need can help

thanks

0 Kudos
dcomp1
Contributor
Contributor

Simple fix for us was to Edit Settings and choose network adapter that has conflict and under the Network Connection rechoose current Network label hit ok and the NIC picks a new Port.

0 Kudos
AureusStone
Expert
Expert

This is an old thread, but it is also result #1 on google for this issue.

I have encountered this issue and I was able to resolve it without any network outages.  Refreshing the VM did not work for me.

This is the process I followed.  If anyone else has this issue let me know if it solves your problem.

Make sure you do not have a orphaned version of the effected VM.  If you do, remove it.

Edit VM-> Select the effected NIC and note the VLAN and port ID.

Go to the network view.  Choose your switch, then the VLAN and then the port.  Right click and go to refresh.

Hopefully this fixes the problem. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos